I was recently asked to participate in Loverly’s Dream Day Style Challenge and what a fun time I have had! I chose the “beachside nuptuals” theme and thoroughly explored Loverly’s comprehensive and visually delightful website for images, ideas and resources as inspiration for this wedding story by the sea…..
The story begins with a seaside destination and a simply pristine mini dress featuring a white silk bow which served as my inspiration for the beachside nuptuals styled with white silk ribbon, seashells and hydrangeas….
1. The setting….A tropical beach on a beautiful, calm afternoon…white sand, white chairs and a gathering of family and friends…(photo courtesy loverly)….the story unfolds with……
2. The dress!….I fell in love with the elegant simplicity of this Monique Lhuillier “Posey” white silk faille fringe trimmed mini dress while scrolling through the hundreds of wedding dresses available on Loverly’s amazing website…that’s right – a mini dress! What better frock for strolling down a sandy aisle? As a petite girl I adore the look of yards and yards of taffeta but too much of a good thing can overwhelm a small frame and fashion at its best is about finding the style that makes you feel most beautiful and shows off your best features. If you’ve got great legs and a small waist – rock them! And a mini dress is the perfect choice to showcase a fabulous pair of…….
3. Shoes!….These lovelies by Vera Wang White Collection are my pick for the perfect compliment to the “Posey” mini dress….I absolutely love the detail of the white silk ribbon at the ankle which mimics the ribbon around the waist and around the charming……..
4. Bouquet!……Hydrangeas and sea shells tied with white silk…(photo courtesy Charity Remington Photography) and subtly duplicated in….
5. The headpiece!…..This is where a glue gun comes in handy because every wedding should have “something old, something new, something borrowed and something crafty” :-)…..for a simple yet stunning headband measure 24″ of silk ribbon and glue some hydrangea stems to the center….tie loosely and secure with bobby pins for a sweet bridal crown….Be sure to save some petals for…..
6. The cake!….You would have to travel far to find a more delightful concoction than a wedding cake made by Maggie Austin…..this vanilla cream 3-tiered cake covered in the softest blue hydrangea petals is as mouthwatering as…..
7. The bridesmaids!…..So if the bride is rocking a white silk mini dress it only makes sense for the bridesmaids to wear long, breezy chiffon dresses like Arabelle from J. Crew in Bright Seaside…..(photo courtesy Jenna Lam Events via Loverly)…..But only the bride can wear……
8. The garter!….An absolute must for every stylish bride is a garter handmade in England using the finest laces, silks, trimmings & carefully sourced vintage findings by Florrie Mitton.…And it’s ok if the guests catch a glimpse of garter as they admire and collect…..
9. Seashells!…..(photo courtesy Jackie Rueda via Flickr)…..Seashells on tables, seashells on chairs, seashells on paths leading up from the beach to the…..
10. White tent on a perfect lawn!…..(photo courtesy weddingsromantique.com)…..A tented area dotted with pure white terry covered chaise lounges and buffet stations where the guests celebrate and toast the newlyweds while a pianist takes requests until…..
11. The getaway!…..(photo courtesy thevintagetriangle.tumbler.com)…..As the sun sets and the party winds down the happy couple retreats to a vintage mercedes parked by the edge of the sea….happily ever after begins now!
Thanks, Loverly, for inviting me to participate in this fun challenge! I will visit your site often for wedding story inspiration!